You might be thinking that your sex life is just fine without doing core exercises, but wouldn’t you like a little more pleasure in the bedroom?
Doing core workouts is a fantastic way to connect in recreational, emotional and physical intimacy with your spouse. Even better, it will lead to a more vibrant sexual intimacy that will benefit both of you.
3 Ways a Stronger Core Can Rock Your Bedroom
- Core exercises help strengthen the all-important pelvic muscles that you use during sex. Bonus!
- The flexibility you gain by having a stronger core can lead to more, how shall we say, interesting positions.
- Being active increases your stamina, which gives you the energy for more sex even if you get a little less sleep.
Let’s take a look at some specific exercises that you can do to improve in each of these areas. Get your spouse to complete some core workouts with you, and you’ll both be thankful!
Core Strength Exercise – The Corkscrew
- Lie on your back with legs together extended up over your hips. Arms are extended out to you side. Lift your pelvis off the ground.
- Lower legs to the left then bring back to center. Lower legs to the right and then return to center.
- Do 20 Corkscrews alternating sides to a depth that is comfortable for you.
Flexibility – Lunge & Child’s Pose
- Kneel down on both knees with back straight.
- Step forward with your right leg while keeping hands on your hips.
- Slide your back left leg behind you until you feel the stretch in your hip.
- Hold for 10 to 30 seconds & then change sides.
- Kneel and sit on your feet. Your knees should be separated about the width of your hips.
- Place your forehead on the floor and then place your arms over your head.
- Hold for 10 to 30 seconds.
Stamina Enhancement – Suicide Plank & Mountain Climbers
- Lie face down resting on your forearms.
- Raise up onto your toes and rest on your elbows with a flat back. You are now in Plank Position.
- Lift your upper body by coming up onto your hands in a push up position.
- Lower back to your elbows and repeat.
- Do up to 30 Suicide Planks as your stamina allows. Lower to your knees when finished.
- Start in push up position
- Bring right leg forward to your chest, then return it while you move your left leg forward. Keep abs tight.
- Alternate legs as quickly as possible with good form for 30 seconds.
If you would like a step-by-step, progressive core workout that you can do solo or alongside your spouse, check out our Thrive90 Fitness program. It will walk you through 12 weeks of Core Blast, Strength Circuit, Interval, Cardio and optional Power Yoga workouts in full-length, high-definition video format. A sample clip from one of our Core Blast videos is shown above.
Plus, you’ll get both the e-book and audio book versions of Stripped Down as a bonus with your Thrive90 purchase, so you can improve all areas of intimacy in your marriage!